September 14, 2011

#NewKnorrStock Unilever Gravy Challenge!

Knorr has created NEW Knorr Homestyle Stocks, which are stocks made from selected ingredients and simmered to perfection! Why waste the time and effort to make your own gravy or stocks from scratch, when you can have some great and flavorful stocks ready for you to use? Just perfect to use in your soups, meat dishes, gravies, and more!

Knorr Homestyle Stocks come in 2 flavors: Chicken and Beef. Both contain NO MSG, Low Fat, and are Cholesterol Free!


Recently had the opportunity to try out Knorr's Homestyle Stocks. I decided to head to Walmart to try my hand at making a yummy Pot Roast w/Gravy and Steamed Carrots. While I typically make my gravy from scratch, I wanted to try out Knorr's Homestyle Stocks to see how they compared!


While I gathered all of my ingredients to prepare my meal, finally made my way to the broth isle to grab my goodies! [pic of broth 2262 and 2264] I couldn't wait to try it out. While we love a good Pot Roast, I was really curious to see how this gravy would pan out compared to the gravy I'd been making for years! Note- Yes you see 4 bags of carrots… I had a coupon which made them absolutely FREE… we had LOTS of carrots that week!

Since my Pot Roast took 2 hours to cook, I waited until the end to peel and steam my carrots, and then made the gravy once the roast was done cooking.


Once plated, everyone jumped right on in eating! I must admit, while my Pot Roast gravy is EXCELLENT, Knorr's Homestyle Gravy was very flavorful and I was surprised at how well it worked out! As a bonus, I didn't have to do as much work nor use as many ingredients to make my gravy. Also, each tub makes 3-1/2 cups of broth which is way more than you what you get from the can or boxed broths… way to stretch a buck given the price is a little more expensive!

In all, we all gave Knorr Homestyle Stocks 2 thumbs up! It'll make for a great addition to the panty as a must have J


Check out my Knorr Homestyle Stock experience here...




This project has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for #collectivebias. These opinions are 100% my own.

9 comments:

Samantha @ A Little Simplicity said...

Yum! I saw this in the store the other day so excited and can't wait to try it out!

#CBias

Tonia @ TheGunnySack.com said...

Looks delicious! I just used Knorr Homestyle Stock to make Chicken Pot Pie and it was so good!!

Vanessa Nunley, the More is More Mom said...

Pot roast is just one of those perfect comfort foods! How great that the Knorrs was a good substitute for homemade. I'm sure your family enjoyed a delicious meal! #CBias

Mommy Hates Cooking said...

Looks yummy! I'm looking forward to doing mine this weekend!

Happy Healthy Home said...

Sounds good! I like the fact that it is no MSG because so many products have that in. I prefer to avoid it!

Crazy Mom a/k/a Melanie said...

Yumm... We love Pot roast and we love the Knorr Stock,too.. :0) Thanks for sharing loved reading your post and excitement ....

Brandie (@ Home Cooking Memories) said...

Looks delicious!!

wacki04@TheKing'sCourt IV said...

Thanks guys! It really was nice trying something different when it comes to making gravy. While I LOVE my pot roast gravy recipe, it was nice to try something different and delicious!

Summer said...

Just purchased some of the stock today, I'm really excited to try it! Great post - it looks so yummy!