Being the mom of a tween, I recently stumbled across Disovery Girls Magazine. With so many issues facing young girls today, Discovery Girl Magazine offers a point of view that young girls ages 8-12 can relate to… why? Because the issue features young girls, contains articles written by girls, and talks about issues that young girl are facing today! With Discovery Girls Magazine, girls have the ability to see what other girls their age are doing, as well as builds their confidence and independence.
Each article features 12 girls from their home states and focuses on issues facing girls today. In addition, Discovery Girls has a Middle School Edition for girls ages 11+. With the creation of two different editions, each magazine can truly focus on issues pertaining to that particular age group! Also, it provides a sense of comfort to girls who can see girls like them and can hear/relate to their stories.
My daughter’s favorite section of the Discovery Girls Magazine: Ask Ali (where girls can write in and ask “Ali” a question about ANYTHING that’s on their mind), You Said It (where girls have written in and expressed how they feel growing up), the Great Debate (where girls send in answers to various questions and show their different points of views/opinions), the fashion section, and the section where they highlight the girls in their hometown… can you tell? She likes it ALL!
They just recently released their 10 Year Anniversary Collectors Edition Magazine! Packed full of advice and fashion, help celebrate Discovery Girls Magazine's 10th year in business!
Also, there’s a NEW book series called All Girls are Fab Girls! These books dive into the typical middle-school dram and has been created to help girls get through pretty tough situations.
"For parents, the Fab Girls Guides are a window into what their daughters are thinking and feeling," says Catherine Lee, founder of Discovery Girls magazine.
WIN IT NOW- 1 The King’s Court IV reader will win a 1 complimentary year subscription to the magazine, 1 set of our Fab Girls book set, and 1 Collector's Edition “Best of 10 years” Magazine (a $70 value)!
1. Follow The King's Court IV via email and leave a comment letting me know you are a CONFIRMED subscriber.
2. Become a GFC Follower! Leave a comment on this post letting me know that you are/have become a follower.
3. Like The King's Court IV on Facebook and leave a comment on this post letting me know that you are a fan. ( Facebook is NOT associated with this giveaway )
4. Follow The King's Court IV on Twitter and leave a comment on this post letting me know that you are a follower.
5. Like Discovery Girls Magazine on Facebook and leave a comment on this post letting me know that you are a fan.
6. Follow Discovery Girls Magazine on Twitter and leave a comment on this post letting me know that you are a follower.
7. Tweet about this giveaway (ONLY ONCE)- copy/paste the following entry: I'm entered to #win a Discovery Girl Magazine Prize Pack from @TheKingsCourtIV and @DGmagazine #Giveaway at http://bit.ly/oPpE7W
*PLEASE leave separate comments on this post ALONG WITH AN EMAIL ADDRESS for each entry. That will give you a greater chance of winning!
This giveaway ends 10:00pm CST on Saturday, July 23, 2011. I'll use Random.org to select the winners, who will be notified by email and listed on this site. Please respond within 48 hours or a new winner will be selected. US/CAN residents only.
THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED.
*Disclaimer- I was not financially compensated in any way for this giveaway. I received Discovery Girl Magazines and books for review purposes only. The opinions in this post are my own honest opinions and were in no way affected by having received these items.