April 6, 2011

The Little Switches That Make A Difference...


Cottonelle and Social Moms have come up with a great promotion asking moms about the "little switches that make a difference".   What are your little "switches" that make a difference in your life and relationships? What a fabulous topic!  Personally, my husband and I will be celebrating our 10 year anniversary, so this topic is PERFECT TIMING!

Relationships…

- Over the past few years my husband and I have found ourselves in a slump.  We realized that we really haven't had much adult time, conversations, etc.  Before we knew it, time had flown by and we kind of lost connection.  My husband and I switched things up a bit and introduced "Date Nights"!  One night each month, the kids go away and we have the evening to go out to dinner or a movie!  (It took a few nights to realize that I shouldn't schedule trips to the grocery store during these times… I guess I got too caught up with having another adult around that I wanted to get some work done, lol!)  It truly provides time for us to reconnect and learn who each other is.

- Not too long ago I had an experience where I realized that life is guaranteed to no one, and is also short.  I'm in the process of switching my mentality to learning how to appreciate life and not to get caught up in the little everyday stresses… to celebrate the small things and appreciate them and with the people you love.  This is a difficult switch because it's so easy to get caught up in a problem or issue, but it is so rewarding to be able to not complain all of the time and you feel more positive/relief in the end.

Parenting…

- My husband and I noticed that we had become lenient in bedtimes lately.  WELL NOT ANYMORE!  It is a MUST that we get the kiddies in the bed at a decent hour just to reduce morning fussiness, stress, and rushing!

- Recently, I made the switch into allotting more "family time" in our schedules.  Whether it is movie night, or game night, or going out somewhere we have made the switch to spending more time together as a family… and guess what? WE STILL LOVE EACH OTHER! It's been great spending quality time together and we actually look forward to it

These are my little ways that I "switch it up" and make a difference… a positive difference… in my everyday living.  Feel free to try them out and incorporate them into you everyday routine!


 I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Cottonelle blogging program, for a gift card worth $25. For more information on how you can participate, click here.

0 comments: